Who are we?
Southern Expansion ACN 617125738 is a professional football club that is currently making a bid to compete in the A-League and W-League.
We are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and, where applicable, State or Territory legislation in relation to health information.
This policy sets out the way in which we handle personal information and also explains your rights and how to contact us.
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information from members, players, participants, ticketholders and through third parties from time to time. We collect personal information in order to provide services to you to administer the game of football for our football club as well as associated programs and activities (the Services).
We may collect this information through our website, social media, face to face or over the phone. If we collect information through third parties this could include, without limitation, ticketing agents, sponsors, event organisers or the Football Federation Australia.
The kinds of personal information we collect from you depends on your interaction with the club and the services we provide you.
Examples of the types of personal information we may collect include:
- Your name, age, gender, occupation, credit card information, driver’s license, membership history, references, your contact details and emergency contact details
- Sensitive information about your physical health to assist in developing, tailoring and providing Services and associated programs to you
If you can’t or won’t provide us with the personal information it reasonably requires, we may be unable to provide you the information or Services you wish to receive or use.
How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with, or information about, the Services
- Develop the Services we provide
- Determine which of the Services best suit your needs
- Promote and market our Services to you
- To investigate and take action in relation to breaches, or potential breaches, of laws or regulations, and
- Conduct research (including but not limited to surveys) concerning the Services.
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes as authorised by the Privacy Act 1988. That includes where we collected the information from you and you would reasonably expect the information to be used for direct marketing. In all other circumstances we would only use your personal information with your consent or where it is impracticable to obtain that consent. In all direct marketing correspondence sent to you we will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further marketing correspondence.
How do we disclose personal information?
In providing you the Services, we may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Football administrators including, without limitation, the Football Federation Australia and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.
- third party service providers, such as ticketing agents, membership pack providers and IT providers
- Club insurers
- Club professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers, and
- As required or authorised by law or where we have a public duty to do so, including for purposes of safety and security.
Other than those above, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- You authorise us to do so
- Your safety or the safety of others in the community is at risk, or
- We are required or permitted by law.
How do we hold and secure personal information?
Personal information, including sensitive information, may be held in electronic databases and physical files at our offices. We take appropriate reasonable technical, organisational and physical measures to keep your personal information secure.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to personal information we hold about you and you may request corrections be made to that information.
We will generally provide you with access to any personal information held about you on request. In limited circumstances however, access may be refused if required or permitted by law. If we do not provide you with access, we will explain the reason for this refusal in writing. We will not charge you for making an application to access your personal information but may charge a reasonable fee to cover the cost of giving access, such as photocopying costs. We will advise you if such a charge applies before your request is dealt with.
We will correct any personal information that is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
If you would like to access your personal information or ask us to correct your personal information, please make the request in writing using the contact details below.
Need more information or want to make a complaint?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 02 8068 0156